On 16/12/2014 14:16, Martin Burnicki wrote:
Harlan Stenn wrote:
David Taylor writes:
I have a newly installed 64-bit Linux Debian 7.7 system where I am
trying to bring up NTP with PPS support.  Using ppstest /dev/pps0 I get
the expected assert messages.  I have gpsd configured and working.
Having configured and compiled NTP I get the error message:

    clock type 22 invalid

That's the parse refclocks.

Nope. The parse clocks are type 8.

Did you configure with --enable-parse-clocks ?

That should not be required to have support for the ATOM driver be
compiled in.

On the other hand, I've just been in contact with someone else claiming
that support for driver 28 was not been compiled in unless
--enable-parse-clocks was passed to ./configure.

I couldn't duplicate this, yet, but we should have a closer look at this
before RC becomes the next release.

Martin

The good news here is that with the current Raspberry Pi Linux (which as PPS built-in), and with pps-tools installed, it seems that I no longer need --enable-linuxcaps to get PPS support in NTP.

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu