On 1/10/2015 10:08 AM, trackeroft...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Assuming it's something like 4.2.8p1-beta5:
>>
>> 4.2.8P1BetaN are newer than 4.2.8 but they're not release candidates like
>> 4.2.8.pN-RCm will be.
>>
>> You can see the 4.2  releases here: <http://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ntp-4.2/>.
>
> Thanks Paul for the explanation. Now it is clear. RCm is pre, betaM is post.
> So now the version can be defined by 4 digits: x.y.zpN.
> Where can I find changelog for the p1 and betas?
> I can't find it here:
> http://archive.ntp.org/ntp4/ntp-4.2/NEWS
>
> best regards
> Johny

There was a last minute change to the code before the release of NTP
4.2.8 and as a result it didn't build on Windows. The beta's are mainly
to fix the problem with the Windows build. 4.2.8p1 should be released in
a week or so as soon as we can be sure that it is working properly.

To correct your above statement, beta's are prior to Release Candidates
(RC).

Danny