On 1/11/2015 4:56 PM, Rob wrote:
> Michael Moroney <moro...@world.std.spaamtrap.com> wrote:
>> If I have a system synchronized with a public NTP source, which is
>> synchronized with an atomic clock that provides leap second info, and
>> I am watching carefully, what will happen when the leap second hits?  Will
>> my system suddenly find its clock off by 1 second and slowly drift to
>> the accurate time provided by the NTP server?
> That depends on what kind of system it is.
> Carefully designed systems will do the right thing.

Define "the right thing".

To eloaborate, there is no "right thing". There are a whole bunch of
"things" that are right for some people and not for others. That is the
very reason that there isn't a right thing, because if there was one
right thing all the vendors would have fixed their operating systems to
do it.

--
Brian Utterback
Solaris RPE, Oracle Corporation.