Hi,

         This is a query regarding synchronization with the NTP server. Whether
the initial synchronization (for testing purpose we use large skew) at any cost
depends on the reference clock's precision. I am trying to synchronize with two
NTP servers and for one it is taking pretty much time to do initial synch up.
The other one it happens pretty much quick. We are seeing, while doing ntpq -c
peer, the difference lie in the jitters. When there is more value in jitter it
is doing more numbers of polling before synchronization. The poll interval is
default which is 64 sec.

Can you please confirm the relationship between jitters and polling frequency
before synch. Or is there any other possibility for the duration difference..?

Thank you.

With regards
Sumesh S