I was messing around with my NTP configuration, and I wanted to make sure that
the server changes were valid, so I would make sure that NTP was down, jump the
clock, change the configuration, and restart NTP. The first 2 times I did this,
the clock synched within a matter of seconds. The third time I did this the
clock did not synch for 7+ minutes. Does the repetitive starts cause this to
happen, or are there other situations when NTP will not do an initial synch
quickly. To the best of my knowledge, the servers configured were all available
during this period. I did not see anything unusual in the /var/log/ntp. I am
running redhat RHEL 6.5.

Thanks,
Steve