Hi,

We are currently using ntpd version 4.2.4p4.

As Leap second insertion is very close, we are trying to be safe from it.

here are few questions,

- Is 4.2.4p4 capable of receiving "Leap Second" information from NTP
servers??

  Below is our configuration.

  "server time.nist.gov  maxpoll  10  minpoll  6
   disable monitor
   restrict default noquery
   restrict -6 default noquery"

- Is there any way that I can test whether the current version is providing
of "Leap Second"??

- Are there any configuration changes required??

- If our version is not good for handling leap second,

      1. What will be closest version to upgrade from 4.2.4p4.?? or
      2. Any patches that we can apply to make 4.2.4p4 safe.??

Thanks,
Mohan.

--

This electronic message, including attachments, is intended only for the
use of the individual or company named above or to which it is addressed.