On Aug 29, 2015, at 1:03 AM, Mike Cook <michael.c...@sfr.fr> wrote:
> For me this would not be considered acceptable. I would NEVER have ntp
> servers in virtual machines.

+1 to this point.

> Your maxpoll default of 10(1024s) for the pool servers is too high. Try
> dropping it to 6 (64s) or 7(128s).

-1 to this.

Unless your hardware is broken, it shouldn't need to ask what the time is every
minute just to manage decent timekeeping accuracy.  Admittedly, running on a VM
often resembles running on real hardware with a broken clock, but to me that in
turn means one should be running ntpd in the hypervisor so that it is managing
a real HW clock and let the VMs inherit time from the hypervisor / Dom0 / etc.

Regards,
--
-Chuck