I'm trying to understand what the fields in the protostats file are and there
are a couple of items for which the documentation (the "Event Messages and
Status Words" page) is unhelpful. Below is the example event given on the
"Monitoring Commands and Options" page of the documentation, for the sake of
discussion.

49213 525.624 128.4.1.1 963a 8a message

963a is the "status word". I assume this is the "peer status word", the same as
in peerstats, and not the "system status word", which doesn't seem to show up
in any stats files as far as I can tell. Can anyone confirm that this can
always be decoded as a "peer status word" (status:select:count:code)?

8a is the "event message code" and is not described anywhere as far as I can
tell. The least significant nybble always seems to be the same as the least
significant nybble of the imprecisely-named "status word", as does the most
significant bit, but I don't have enough samples to make any conclusions. Does
anyone know what this is?

Frank Wayne