Hi, Johannes. It's not the most "elegant" solution with respect to the
capabilities of ntpd, and there is a bit of a system performance hit involved,
but using netfilter (IPTables) to log the connections then parsing that as
time-series metrics may give you what you need.

I'm doing this with telegraf/influxdb. On the latter, there is a very rich
capability for analysis and display (i.e. I can show how many sources are
hitting each of the anycast sources vs. how many clients are requesting time
from the real IPs, at what time of day, etc. Additionally, if you want
something with good data retention, an external tool, or at least offloading
the task to files would seem to give you much more flexibility than the memory
of the daemon process.

Dan