On 01/11/2017 11:46, valizadeh...@gmail.com wrote:
[]> local lcok is there because my system is not connected to internet and i need to have the hwclock to keep the time during power-offs,i have disabled the pre installed fakeclock and used an I2c connected battery backed up RTC chip.
the local clock is been updated at start up from the hwclock and hwclock itself
is synchronized via ntp itself. so the server 127.127.1.1 is my hwclock :)
am i right ? or shall i used another trick to utilize hwclock ;)
[]
There are issues with different versions of Linux behaving in different
ways and using different scheduling programs which may require patient
investigation to resolve.

  poor me then :(

I've not added an RTC to my Raspberry Pi cards, so I can't help there. There's no RTC in the RPi itself. The RPi needs NTP to set its time at start-up. I don't know how the OS would set your particular RTC to I can't help there, but presumably there is a driver provided? I recall that action may have to be taken to make Linux keep the RTC updated regularly, but that's outside the scope of my knowledge.

I've just downloaded the latest Linux for the RPi, but the particular hardware I'll have connected (MMDVM_HS HAT) takes control of the serial port lines, so I won't be able to add my usual GPS device (Uputronics) for precise timekeeping, and it will have to be NTP over Wi-Fi. I might see whether you can simply add the PPS signal without using GPSD.

Web: http://www.satsignal.eu