I am having sudden problems on my system with a Sure GPS with PPS.
I am running chrony, using a serial port to bring in the PPS signal.
Everything was working well-- the rms timing on the pulse was about 1usec.
Suddenly on Nov 18 at very close to 00:00:00UTC the timing went to hell, and the
rpms is now at 20us-- the individual pulses have an offset that fluctuates
between about 50us, and -50us.
Is there any hint as to what I could do to track down the problem. Could it be
the sattelites (ie the timing has suddenly gone from ns to tens of usec for
some reason? But if this were true I would have expected to hear many many
loud screams here.) Or the gps receiver? (again, unlikely I would think). Or
the serial card? or chrony? Or the computer clock? (the computer was not
rebooted anywhere around that date).
:
By the way, what in the world has happened to this newsgroup? I am getting
about 1 valid message to over 100 Case Solutions?