Hi,

gmurd...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi There,
>
> I am trying to monitor NTP for the AWS instance.
>
> I am not able to find an executable for "ntpq" for Alpine platform!
>
> I have tried looking online and the only information I could find was these
> links:
> http://blog.oddbit.com/2015/10/09/running-ntp-in-a-container/
> https://www.eecis.udel.edu/~mills/ntp/html/ntpq.html

If you build the NTP software package from sources then ntpq is also built.

If you are running containers then you should ask the guy who sets up
the container why ntpq hasn#t been added to the container.

> I have tried installing opnntpd

I dont't know if openntpd has something like ntpq, or if it would accept
queries from and sends replies to the ntpq utility from the NTP
reference implementation.

Martin
--
Martin Burnicki