I am currently working on the Y2036 problem. My app receives the current time from an NTPv4 compatible server (ntpd). As far as I understand, the ntpd server response contains a timestamp in NTP Timestamp format (i.e. as a combination of Seconds and Fraction). I want to change it to NTP Date Format, but I don't understand if it is supported by the standard. Could you clarify whether or not there are any packet header parameters that allow querying the time in NTP Date Format (i.e. as a combination of Era Number, Era Offset and Fraction).

Thanks,
Evgeniy