I see ways to improve this, and I'll make improvements in p16.

There will be significant new functionality in this area in the upcoming
4.4 release.

In the meantime, one can use 'restrict noquery' (a feature that has been
available for a very long time) to block mode6 (and mode7, already
disabled by default) from inappropriate sources.  We have been doing
this for many years in the ntp.conf files we use on our servers.

--
Harlan Stenn <st...@nwtime.org>