In comp.protocols.time.ntp, you wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I read the documentation a few times but can not find if it's possible
> to specify IP address for outgoing connections?
>
> I have server with multiple IP addresses and I need to specify the
> concrete one to be used to sync with servers/peers. For now, ntpd
> selects one of the listening interfaces (still the same one, but I can
> not determine why this one).

Does not route -n
tell you which one? Remember it always used the most the specific
interface.
Ie, if you have say 0.0.0.0/0 and 128.0.0.0/8 on different interfaces,and your
address of your
ntp server is 128.113.27.6 then it will use the second. If you have
128.113.27.0/24 on a third interface, it will use that third one. If
there are two of equal depth covering the interface, then it will use
the last on I believe.

Ie, with a specific set of routes, it should always pick the same
interface. The server uses the same address it received the query on, so
it will depend on the incoming routing of the response.