I have more 2 thoughts about that third use-case in draft-ietf-quic-ack-frequency-02:

1. I  have a request to reorientate the scenario for the 3rd case in section 2 of draft-ietf-quic-ack-frequency

Whilst  it is true that severe capacity asymmetry for a path can result in ack congestion, this seems to me to be a very specific case of where a sub-IP network benefits from a lower volume of QUIC ACK traffic. The QUIC WG applicability RFC section 7, has a more encompassing case - which considers the impact of ACKs, rather than the current text which only suggests a highly asymmetric link rate. Can we can also include something based on the sentence there which says:

“Acknowledgments also incur forwarding costs and contribute to link utilization, which can impact performance over some types of network.”

2. We looked carefully at the ACK implications of various quic implementations, and have just completed a major research study on QUIC AcKs which is now published  in a paper here:

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1002/sat.1466

This paper is entitled "Reducing the Acknowledgement Frequency in IETF QUIC", and has actual measurements and analysis for various things that are presented  in draft-ietf-quic-ack-frequency. The conclusions of that work support the proposal for the ACK_Frequency frame, and hopefully will be interesting to the group Also, I think it would be useful to cite this as an informative reference example in draft-ietf-quic-ack-frequency!

Best wishes,

Gorry