From: Daniel Stenberg <dan...@haxx.se>
Sent: Monday, June 24, 2024 11:30 AM
To: Robin Marx <marx.ro...@gmail.com>
Cc: Chris Box <chris.box.i...@gmail.com>; Aaron Ding <aaron.d...@tum.de>;
quic@ietf.org
Subject: Re: Why isn't QUIC growing?

[You don't often get email from dan...@haxx.se. Learn why this is important at
https://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification ]

On Mon, 24 Jun 2024, Robin Marx wrote:

> 4. Outside of the browsers, there aren't many clients that actively
> support
> HTTP/3 (at least not by default, or in stable versions, see e.g., curl).
> Assuming again that say a single digit percentage of traffic (or
> should I say connections) is from non-browser clients, if that's
> counted in the stats, it'll also skew H3 potential.

Just a few weeks I blogged about the current h3 situation in curl. Presumably a
few other libraries/tools share our issues. The ecosystem situation is not
making it easy to use QUIC. Unless you build everything and control and take
responsibility for your dependencies yourself.

https://daniel.haxx.se/blog/2024/06/10/http-3-in-curl-mid-2024/

--

  / daniel.haxx.se