From: "Borchelt, Rick" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: International Network on Public Communication of Science and Technology
 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [PCST-L:1637] COMMUNICATING THE FUTURE: International conference
on best
 pract ices in public communication of S&T
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 10:46:42 -0400

On behalf of the steering committee and our co-chairs, Earle Holland of
Ohio State University and Joann Rodgers of the Johns Hopkins Medical
Institutions, I am pleased to invite your entries for the first
international peer-reviewed conference on public communication of science
and technology.

To be held September 23-25 in Gaithersburg, Md. (a suburb of Washington, DC
and convenient to air and train transportation), the conference will
attract science communicators, educators, journalists and others who
practice communicating science and technology to non-scientist publics.  Up
to 50 entrants will be selected to present poster papers and will receive a
US$750 travel stipend and complimentary registration (the normal
registration fee is US$100).

The entry deadline for "Communicating the Future:  Best Practices in
Communicating Science and Technology to the Public," is July 1, 2001.
Notification of selected presenters will be made the week of August 6, 2001.

Please visit the conference website, www.nist.gov/bestpractices, for entry
guidelines, to learn more about the conference, or to enter or register
online.  We look forward to seeing you in September.

Rick Borchelt
Director of Communication
Office of Science SC-5
US Department of Energy
1000 Independence Ave., SW
Washington, DC 20585
PH 202.586.6702
FX 202.586.7719

Ligia Parra-Esteban
Directora
Fundacion VOC de Investigacion de la Comunicacion Entre Cientificos.
Apartado Aereo 86745  Bogota.  Colombia.
http://www.mox.uniandes.edu.co/voc
Telefono (+) 571-6242075 Fax (+) 571-6139654 Zona Postal 1102
E-mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Secretario Junta Directiva
Luis H. Blanco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Laboratorio de Investigaciones Basicas.
Bloque 9 Ciudad Universitaria.  Unidad Camilo Torres.