You need to call as.data.frame.table directly here.

If we alter the generic we would need to alter all the many methods too
(including those in various CRAN packages), and I am not sure this would
be worth it (rather than clarifying the documentation).

This was a user-contributed enhancement that seems to have caused more
problem that its value.

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Full_Name: Heather Turner
> Version: 2.1.1
> OS: Windows XP
> Submission from: (NULL) (137.205.240.44)
>

> I get an error when trying to use the responseName argument of
> as.data.frame.table, e.g.
>
>> ## Create table
>> f <- gl(3, 3)
>> tab <- table(f)
>> tab
> 1 2 3
> 3 3 3
>> ## Convert to data.frame - works fine
>> dat1 <- as.data.frame(tab)
>> dat1
>  f Freq
> 1 1    3
> 2 2    3
> 3 3    3
>> ## As above with responseName - get error
>> dat2 <- as.data.frame(tab, responseName = "count")
> Error in as.data.frame(tab, responseName = "count") :
>       unused argument(s) (responseName ...)
>
> I have checked the arguments of as.data.frame.table and responseName is there:
>> args(as.data.frame.table)
> function (x, row.names = NULL, optional = FALSE, responseName = "Freq",
>    ...)
> NULL
> but I notice as.data.frame has no dots argument
>> args(as.data.frame)
> function (x, row.names = NULL, optional = FALSE)
> NULL
> which would (I think) explain the error,
>
> Heather

Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]