> I'm developing a GUI in R that will be used to monitor financial
> portfolio performance.  The GUI will be distributed as an R package.  So
> far, I've decided to use the "cairoDevice", "RGtk2", "gWidgets", and
> "gWidgetsRGtk2" packages to develop the GUI.  I am trying to decide what
> would be the best way to structure the GUI would be.

Why not consider to build the GUI layer in some other (imho more suitable)
language and just call the R functionality from there? Depending on your
platform/requirements you could e.g. use Delphi, Python, or some webbased
interface (Morfik, php, ...).

Python would be my favorite (but I want to add that I didn't try this out
yet, it's only what I probably would check out (as an alternative to an
R-based interface)).

--
Regards,
Hans-Peter