1) You include libraries just like you would always do. Here is the
example from my package that uses external libraries of ImageMagick and
GTK, standard libraries (stdio, pthread) and R libraries:

#include <R.h>
#include <Rdefines.h>
#include <R_ext/Rdynload.h>
#include <R_ext/Error.h>
#include <R_ext/Memory.h>

#include <magick/ImageMagick.h>

#include <stdio.h>

#ifndef WIN32
#   include <pthread.h>
#endif

/* These are to use GTK */
#ifdef USE_GTK
#   include <gtk/gtk.h>
#   ifdef WIN32
        typedef unsigned long ulong;
#       include <sys/types.h>
#   else
#       include <gdk/gdkx.h>
#   endif
#endif

2) The above is C code and no namespaces are used, however the piece
below is C++ code using namespaces and STL. With C++ you only need to
make sure that you export your function as C: extern "C" {}:

#include <R.h>
#include <Rdefines.h>
#include <R_ext/Rdynload.h>
#include <R_ext/Error.h>