On Thu, 15 May 2008 07:15:15 +0200, Prof Brian Ripley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
What I would like to know, and I have not yet found an answer in the documentation: is there a way to 'reset' the interpreter to bring it to the state that it was directly after the call of the initialization routine?

Call the exit and initialization routines. That will not completely reset things (it will not unload package DLLs for example), but it is the nearest that is provided.

Thank you very much, I think that will be sufficient.

Last question: Will I need to UNPROTECT_PTR all references held, or will the call to Rf_endEmbeddedR also free protected references?

Bernd