On Thu, 3 Jul 2008, Bjørn-Helge Mevik wrote:

Prof Brian Ripley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

This is intentional.

Ok.

Please note what the R-admin manual says about
--with-lapack, including 'definitely *not* recommended'

Oh.  I have always understood that as referring to --with-lapack, not
--with-lapack="-L/something...".

It applies to both.

If you are concerned about performance you definitely do not want to use
shared R, not a shared BLAS.

I'm sorry, I don't quite follow you here.  Do you mean not create a shared R
and not create a shared BLAS, or was there a "not" too many?

Yes, create neither. Using shared objects has a noticeable performance overhead.

--
Bjørn-Helge Mevik

Brian D. Ripley,                  [EMAIL PROTECTED]