Robin Hankin wrote:
Dear All

I am preparing a number of vignettes that require a very  long time to
process with Sweave.  The longest one takes 10 hours.  I love the weaver
package!

Is a package that includes such a computationally intensive vignette
acceptable on CRAN?  Are there any guidelines here?

Robin,

please try to keep a package below 5 minutes check time. You know, it's hard to perform daily checks for 1700 packages if just one already runs for 10 hours. In reasonable circumstances, we do have exclude lists, but it probably does not make sense to provide that computational intensive vignettes. Perhaps you can provide some intermediate results in form of Rdata files in order to reduce runtime of your vignette's creation (and checks!).

Best wishes,
Uwe