On 6/5/2009 9:46 AM, Barry Rowlingson wrote:
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Mathieu Ribatet<mathieu.riba...@epfl.ch> wrote:
I guess that having something like this
q()
Save workspace image (/home/me/workspace/.RData)? [y/n/c/e]:

where "e" means Editing the path should be clear enought, isn't it?

 'e' might be thought to mean 'exit' in English, which makes me think
we also need to make sure this can all be translated. Maybe 'p' for
path? Or 'e' for 'elsewhere'? This is getting tricky :)

 I think I'd rather leave off the 'e' option for simplicity - if the
user wants to save elsewhere they can hit 'c' and do save() or
setcwd()  themselves, I'm not sure we need to put extra functionality
into the q function.

An alternative to think about is to report where the file was saved, rather than tease the user by suggesting s/he has a choice. This is a bit harder in the GUIs, but would be very easy in a console, just print the path after quitting:

Save workspace image? [y/n/c]: y
Image saved to /home/me/workspace/.RData

In the Windows GUI you could pop up a dialog box to say this, with a checkbox saying "don't show me this next time".

Duncan Murdoch