Simon Urbanek wrote on 10/01/2009 11:51 AM:
[...]
I suspect you like reinventing the wheel ;). Your NewInteger is part of the R API and is called ScalarInteger(). When you need something, chances are that R has it already, so it's worth greping through the headers (and sometimes even through the main sources).

I am reminded of what Robert Gentleman said at DSC 2005 during the R/S round-chair discussion: "Brian Ripley is the only one I know who keeps R in his frontal lobe."

I can only aspire to such greatness, Simon.

Jeff