mzukisi.gw...@gmail.com wrote:
Greetings

I am attempting to load exTremes and this is what I get...

*> utils:::menuInstallPkgs()
--- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
trying URL '
http://cran.uk.r-project.org/bin/windows/contrib/2.9/extRemes_1.60.zip'
Content type 'application/zip' length 676182 bytes (660 Kb)
opened URL
downloaded 660 Kb

package 'extRemes' successfully unpacked and MD5 sums checked

The downloaded packages are in
        C:\Users\Mzukisi\AppData\Local\Temp\RtmpDk0EBq\downloaded_packages
updating HTML package descriptions
Warning message:
In file.create(f.tg) :
  cannot create file 'C:\PROGRA~1\R\R-29~1.2/doc/html/packages.html', reason
'Permission denied'

*What could be the cause of this?

This is not bug in R!!!
Please read what a bug is in the FAQs.

For questionsabout R, please ask on the R-help mailing list.

In this case, there is not even an error anywhere, just a warning, that the given file that contains the list of installed packages could not be updated after the package's installatio, probably because auf limited permissions.

Uwe Ligges

Mzukisi Gwata
Pretoria
South Africa