On Oct 15, 2009, at 17:01 , cstrato wrote:

Dear Duncan,

In your document "readme.packages.txt" you have a very helpful chapter on "Using Visual C++". Please allow me to ask you one question: Why do you propose the option "/MT" instead of option "/MD"? (To my knowledge usually option "/MD" is used when compiling programs with VC++.)

Have you read the MS docs? They have different purposes - /MD pulls in MSVCR which may not be what you want (depending on your code), /MT just says that you want thread-safe libs. The fact that something is "usually" used is not necessarily a very good indicator -- it's better if you know what you're doing ;).

Cheers,
Simon