From: Duncan Murdoch <murd...@stats.uwo.ca>
To: Ulrike Groemping <gro...@beuth-hochschule.de>
Cc: r-devel@r-project.org
Sent: Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:31:50 -0500
Subject: Re: [Rd] Link to pdf documentation from other package ?

> On 11/24/2009 8:06 AM, Ulrike Groemping wrote:
> >
> > Duncan Murdoch-2 wrote:

> >> Within the dynamic help, you're also restricted in what files you can
> >> link to:  they need to be help pages, or files in the doc directory of a
> >> package, or a few other special cases.
> >>
> >> Duncan Murdoch
> >>

> > Good that you mention this restriction, this makes me understand my new
> > problem. With his new version of AlgDesign, Bob Wheeler has made the file
> > AlgDesign.pdf into a vignette which is no longer located in the doc
> > directory but now in inst/doc. A link to that file from within my
> > documentation does not work any longer. Would it be possible to include the
> > directory inst/doc into the special cases to which linking is permitted ?
>
> When you install the package, the contents of inst/doc would normally be
> copied to the doc directory.  Can you expand on why that doesn't happen
> in your case?
>
> Duncan Murdoch
------- End of Original Message -------

I'm sorry, you are right, this hasn't changed anything, I can still use the doc
link,
I was making false assumptions based on the fact that Bob told me he had
changed
the status of the pdf and checked that inst/doc had it now but not that doc
didn't.

Regards, Ulrike