Marc Schwartz wrote:
On Jan 11, 2010, at 11:00 AM, Douglas Bates wrote:

On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 10:34 AM, Ben Bolker <bol...@ufl.edu> wrote:

 who wants to write rgl code to do these?

http://tinyurl.com/yzojfn2
http://tinyurl.com/ylrz2p8

 :-)

I think that on this one we should follow Nancy Reagan's advice and
"Just say no".

I wonder if they have read Tufte's descriptions of "chart junk".  If
so they missed the point that chart junk isn't a good thing.

There is a certain irony in their using cows for symbols in the second chart...

Wrong gender, isn't it?

At least(?) they are not replicating the classic example from "How to Lie with Statistics" where the cows grow proportionally in all three dimensions.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Ă˜ster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B