It's been a while since I proposed syrfr and I have been constantly in
contact with the many people in the R community and I wasn't able to find a
mentor for the project. I later got interested in the Automatic
Differentiation proposal (adinr) and, on consulting with a few others within
the R community, I mailed John Nash (who proposed adinr in the first place)
if he'd be willing to take me up on the project. I got a positive reply only
a few hours ago and it was my mistake to have not removed the syrfr proposal
in time from the wiki, as being listed under proposals looking for mentors.

While I appreciate your interest in the syrfr proposal I am afraid my
allegiances have shifted towards the adinr proposal, as I got convinced that
it might interest a larger group of people and it has wider scope in
general.

I apologize for having caused this trouble.

Best Regards,
Chillu