Hello:

I have written some an elementary S4 classes around a matrix to strengthen
control of some key attributes. When I run a fairly elementary function
("f") on the matrix outside the class it runs instantaneously (elapsed
system.time = 0) but when I setMethod "f" on myClass -- returning an
instance of myClass -- it runs perceptibly slower (elapsed system.time =
.06). I suspect my initialization and/or validity functions are
inefficiently written. I thought I read in this list of a function that will
trace the execution time of each of the functions called during the
evaluation of an R expression, but now I can't find that message. Is there
such a function, or was I mistaken?

Thank you.

Dan Murphy