Hi,

On Wednesday 21 July 2010, Jan van der Laan wrote:
> How do I ensure that the windows keep being updated?

in RKWard we run the following periodically during idle phases:

// this basically copied from R's unix/sys-std.c (Rstd_ReadConsole)
#ifndef Q_WS_WIN
        for (;;) {
                fd_set *what;
                what = R_checkActivityEx(R_wait_usec > 0 ? R_wait_usec : 50, 1,
Rf_onintr);
                R_runHandlers(R_InputHandlers, what);
                if (what == NULL) break;
        }
        /* This seems to be needed to make Rcmdr react to events. Has this
always
been the case? It was commented out for a long time, without anybody noticing.
*/
        R_PolledEvents ();
#else
        R_ProcessEvents();