On Tue, 17 Aug 2010, Claudia Beleites wrote:

Dear all,

I just noticed, that prompt () looses backticks that protect default arguments:

f <- function (FUN = `*`) {}

cat (prompt (f, NA)$usage)

yields:
\usage{ f(FUN = *) } %- maybe also 'usage' for other objects documented here.
without the backticks, which is of course found by R CMD check as syntax error.

While this is easily fixed if the .Rd is further edited manually, I stumbled over it using the automated .Rd generation with inlinedocs - in this combination it is very inconvenient.

Any suggestions?

Add backtick = TRUE to the deparse() call in prompt.default().

All the best,

Claudia

--
Claudia Beleites
Dipartimento dei Materiali e delle Risorse Naturali

phone: +39 0 40 5 58-37 68
email: cbelei...@units.it

Brian D. Ripley,                  rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk