Then, you have the package installed under another libarry that is first on your search path.

Uwe Ligges

On 17.08.2010 22:07, Janko Thyson wrote:
-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Uwe Ligges [mailto:lig...@statistik.tu-dortmund.de]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. August 2010 22:00
An: Janko Thyson
Cc: r-de...@r-project. org
Betreff: Re: [R] Problems building own package (Error: "package has
been build before R-2.10.0")

On 17.08.2010 20:36, Janko Thyson wrote:
Dear List,

I’m doing my first baby steps towards developing own R Packages and
ran into
the following problem:

First baby step: Do not cross-post on several lists.

Sorry.

R CMD check mypackage works fine (no errors, no warnings)

R CMD build mypackage works fine (no errors, no warnings)

R CMD INSTALL –library=”C:\R\R-2.11.1\library”
“something\mypackage\mypackage_1.0.tar.gz” works fine (no errors, no
warnings)

However, when I try loading the package in an R-Session (version
2.11.1) via
“library(mypackage)”, R complains about the package being build
before
version R-2.10.0 and tells me to rebuild it.

So the R that is in your PATH is<  2.10.x
Change your PATH and add the R version your are actually working
with....

As I wrote: "My PATH is set up as explained in the R-Admin manual. Also, the
only R version stated there is “C:\R\R-2.11.1\bin;”.

Uwe Ligges

Could this possibly be due to the fact that I have multiple R
versions
installed (this also includes the most recent one, though)?

To provide you with some details:

-          Running Windows XP

-          All of my R versions are under “C:\R” (versions 2.9.2,
2.10.1,
2.11.1).

-          I installed Rtools (version 2.1.2) to “C:\Rtools” and
pointed it
to “C:\R” (as this was the default) to interact with R (should this
maybe
have been “C:\R\R-2.11.1”?). I also installed everything else
necessary to
build packages (Inno Setup etc.).

-          My PATH is set up as explained in R-Admin manual. Also,
the only
R version stated there is “C:\R\R-2.11.1\bin;”.

-          I updated the DESCRIPTION file and specified all .Rd files
correctly.

Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Thanks a ton,

Janko

    _____

Janko Thyson
   <mailto:holger.ko...@ku-eichstaett.de>   janko.thy...@ku-
eichstaett.de

Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt
Ingolstadt School of Management
Statistics and Quantitative Methods
Auf der Schanz 49
D-85049 Ingolstadt

   <http://www.wfi.edu/lsqm>   www.wfi.edu/lsqm

Fon:  +49 841 937-1923
Fax:  +49 841 937-1965

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorized use by the intended
information and/or be subject to legal privilege. It should not be
copied, disclosed to, retained or used by any other party.
If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this
e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.

    _____

guide.html