On 01/12/2010 7:27 AM, Aleksi Kallio wrote:
Hello,

I have created my own R package and written the documentation in Rd
format for each of the functions plus the package itself.

However now the functions appear in a random order in the generated PDF
and the package documentation entry is placed in between the functions,
when I would like it to be first, naturally.

I think you need to give us more details. What version of R are you using? How are you producing the PDF? When I do it in R 2.12.0 using

R CMD Rd2dvi --pdf <mypackage>

I get the pages in alphabetical order, except that the package page comes first.

Duncan Murdoch

Is there an easy way to specify the order of the entries in the
generated documentation?

Browsing through the R manual and mailing list archives did not find
anything. Rd is all I need, so I would not like to start using any of
the more advanced documentation tools.

Thanks for your help!

All the best,
Aleksi

P.S. Cross-posted from R-help, as instructed by one of the subscribers.