On Thu, 17 Mar 2011, peter dalgaard wrote:

On Mar 16, 2011, at 23:29 , Gordon K Smyth wrote:

Hi Peter and others,

If it helps, I wrote a small function glm.scoretest() for the statmod package on CRAN to compute score tests from glm fits. The score test for adding a covariate, or any set of covariates, can be extracted very neatly from the standard glm output, although you probably already know that.

Thanks Gordon,

I'll have a look. It's the kind of think where you _strongly suspect_ that a neat solution exists, but where you can't just write it down immediately. Looks like your code needs some elaboration to handle factor terms and more general model reductions, though.

Yes, the glm.scoretest() function is very basic. At the moment it tests for adding a single covariate at a time, i.e., a 1 df test, or several 1 df tests. If you like, I could add a multiple column version that would work for factors etc, it would be only more line or so. I figure you'd want to pull code out of glm.scoretest() rather than call it explicitly anyway.

Gordon

-pd

Regards
Gordon

Professor Gordon K Smyth,
NHMRC Senior Research Fellow,
Bioinformatics Division,
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research,
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia.
sm...@wehi.edu.au
http://www.wehi.edu.au
http://www.statsci.org/smyth

--