On 23/03/2011 11:35 AM, Matthew Vernon wrote:
Hi,

boot.ci fails to check if the "type" argument is valid or not. This
tripped me up when I had a script that called boot.ci(type="normal",...)
repeatedly - only later when I tried to do some further analysis did I
realise I'd got nothing useful back from boot.ci.

It strikes me that this behaviour is probably incorrect, and that
boot.ci should stop if the "type" argument (or, indeed, any other
supplied argument) is invalid. Am I correct?

boot.ci is in a contributed package (it's "Recommended", which means that a copy is distributed with R, but it is not part of R), so suggestions should go to the maintainer. But you need to put together a simple example to illustrate the problem. When I modify the first example in example(boot.ci) to specify type="normal", I get an error message.

Duncan Murdoch