What example are you trying? The code in ?trkplot works for me.

However, it looks to me like that piece of advice in the rw-FAQ about no spaces in your path has come back to bite you (I of course do not have such spaces). I think this should be

.Tcl(paste("load", shQuote(file), "Rplot"))

or some such.