Hello,

I have recently been doing some research regarding how to successfully save
and load Rcpp Objects ( objects from modules ) for future use, but with
little success. For example, to use the example package (from package
skeleton) in Rcpp:

>library(Rcpp)
>Rcpp.package.skeleton("rdevelhelp", module=TRUE)
> q()
// install rdevelhelp using R CMD INSTALL
// load new R Session

>library(rdevelhelp)
>x <- new(World)
>x$set("help me")
>x$greet()
"help me"
>save(x, "x.RData")
>q()

// reload R
>library(rdevelhelp)
>load("x.RData")
> ### here comes the problem...
> x$greet()
Error in .External(list(name = "CppMethod__invoke_notvoid", address =
<pointer: 0x0>,  :
  NULL value passed as symbol address
>q()

is there a best practice to solving this problem? I have read some posts
about external pointers and have learned a little about serialization, but
want to make sure I am approaching the problem correctly.

Thanks for your help.

-Mike