Hello,

Regarding whether xtable is still maintained, yes, but at a minimal level.
 I am committed to ensuring that it passes the tests on the latest version
of R, but I am having difficulty finding the time and interest in
incorporating new features.  So, I'd be very glad if someone would like to
take over as the maintainer.  In fact, a few weeks ago I sent the following
e-mail to Kurt Hornik:

Kurt,

I am the original author and maintainer of the xtable package first
released in 2000.  Judging by the reverse dependencies and its common
use with Sweave, the popularity of my xtable far exceeded my
expectations.

xtable does everything I need (and more!), but I still get occasional
requests for new features, etc.  I find that I have little time and
interest in extending it much further.  I am happy to continue to make
sure it passes the checks with new releases of R, but I wonder if the
community would be served by a new maintainer.  I read the document
here:

http://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/Orphaned/README

Do you have any further suggestions for a smooth transition?

-- David

--
David B. Dahl
Associate Professor