You can evaluate R functions from C, see Writing R Extension.

Uwe Ligges

On 20.09.2011 19:26, Alireza Mahani wrote:
I have a function in R that takes another function as argument:

f<- function(g, ...) { #g is expected to be a function
}

I want to see if there is a way to implement "f" in C and calling it from R
using ".C" interface. I know that I can use function pointers for my C
implementation, but I imagine it's going to be nearly impossible to pass a
function from R to C. Are there any exact or approximate solutions
available?

Thank you,
Alireza Mahani