Hi,

I've recently taken over maintenance for the "xtable" package, and have
set it up on R-Forge.  At the moment I'm pondering what the best way is
to handle submitted patches.  Basically, is it better to:

1)      Be non-restrictive regarding committer status, let individuals
change the code with minimal pre-commit review, and figure changes can
be reviewed before release.

2)      Accept patches and basically log them as issues to look at in
detail before putting them in.

I'd welcome feedback from package authors regarding pros and cons, or a
"third way" that's better that either.  Either privately or to the list.

Thanks,

Charlie

Charles Roosen, PhD

Technical Director

Mango Solutions AG

T: +41 (0)61 206 92 91

M: +41 (0)79 248 70 71

F: +41 (0) 61 206 92 99

www.mango-solutions.com <http://www.mango-solutions.com>

Mango Solutions AG

Aeschenvorstadt 36

4051 Basel

Switzerland

LEGAL NOTICE
\ This message is intended for the use of...{{dropped:14}}