I'm in the middle of a long overdue package update, and after seeing the CRAN
Task Views I thought there would be an entry, in the DESCRIPTIONS file, for
that entry that appears on the package webpage.

For example,

http://cran.case.edu/web/packages/vegan/index.html

Since it's been some time since I've updated the package, I did a little
reading (R-exts.pdf) and web searching and recently read on
http://www.r-bloggers.com/another-look-at-cran-task-views/

"These are web pages that are maintained by volunteers with expertise in a
specified area. The maintainers provide annotated guidance to routines and
packages."

I'm not sure I'm correct about this, but I'm beginning to think there is no
connection between the DESCRIPTIONS file and the CRAN Task View entry on the
web page.

Is that correct?

I'd like to add the updated rconifers package to the Environmetrics View.

Package rconifers provides a set of forest growth simulators and miscellaneous
functions for data analysis in forestry.

Since the CRAN Task View is used to help organize the r packages better, help
novice users find appropriate packages, and provide information on new
packages, is there any talk of adding this "feature?"

Respectfully,
Jeff.

Jeff Hamann, PhD
PO Box 1421
Corvallis, Oregon 97339-1421
541-754-2457
jeff.hamann[at]forestinformatics[dot]com
jeff.d.hamann[at]gmail[dot]com
http://www.forestinformatics.com
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forest_informatics

To ensure that your email is processed, include a subject entry in your email.