On Thu, 31 Jan 2013, Yihui Xie wrote:

See this page by Barry Rowlingson:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-devel/2012-February/063338.html

Given that CRAN maintainers do not even use JavaScript, I bet CSS does
not matter either;

You lose - see help("ctv2html", package = "ctv"). Have I won anything? ;-)

Best,

plain text is plain good.

Regards,
Yihui
--
Yihui Xie <xieyi...@gmail.com>
Phone: 515-294-2465 Web: http://yihui.name

On Thu, Jan 31, 2013 at 8:50 AM, Michael Friendly <frien...@yorku.ca> wrote:
CRAN task views are useful, but they seem difficult to write and maintain
because the XML format is rather
limited (no sectioning) and the <packagelist> must be maintained manually.
They are also difficult to read because the generated html and .css used are
extremely basic, giving an
overly dense page.

Are there any markdown-like tools for writing a CTV?  Is it possible to
apply a custom .css to a CTV?

-Michael

--
Michael Friendly     Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept. & Chair, Quantitative Methods