Thank you, it does work now indeed.  My platform is 32 bit.

-- Txikiak

On 08/20/2013 12:00 PM, r-devel-requ...@r-project.org wrote:
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:08:33 +0100
From: Prof Brian Ripley <rip...@stats.ox.ac.uk>
To: r-devel@r-project.org
Subject: Re: [Rd] Issues in installing R-devel

Please try again: this has already been reported and fixed.

BTW, you did not follow the posting guide and report your platform.
This issue was only for 32-bit builds.

On 19/08/2013 11:34, Arrain Txikiak wrote:
Dear list,

I have tried to compile and install the development version of R, but
met some problems I'm not quite sure how to resolve.

I have downloaded the code from your repository, configured, and tried
to compile using the makefile, as follows:

[atxi@aquario R]$ svn co http://svn.r-project.org/R/trunk
[atxi@aquario R]$ cd trunk
[atxi@aquario R]$ ./tools/rsync-recommended
[atxi@aquario R]$ ./configure --enable-R-shlib
[atxi@aquario R]$ make

I'm getting the following error:

gcc -std=gnu99 -Wl,--export-dynamic -fopenmp  -L/usr/local/lib -o R.bin
Rmain.o  -L../../lib -lR -lRblas
../../lib/libR.so: undefined reference to `SHORT_VEC_LENGTH'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

This does not seem to be a missing dependency, as the complaint is about
something included in the R code.  I had previously successfully
installed R-devel using the exact same commands on the same machine.

What am I doing wrong?

In advance thank you for support.

-- Txikiak