On 22.08.2013 07:45, Yihui Xie wrote:
Hi,

So now R CMD check starts to warn against :::, but I believe sometimes
it is legitimate to use it when developing R packages. For example, I
have some utils functions that are not exported but I want to share
them across the packages that I maintain. I do not need to coordinate
with other authors about these internal functions since I'm the only
author and I know clearly what I'm doing, and I want to avoid copying
and pasting the code across packages just to avoid the NOTE in R CMD
check. What should I do in this case?

Nothing. The way you describe above seems to be a reasonable usage, iff you are the same maintainer who knows what is going on. Other maintainers should not use one of your not exported (hence non API) functions, of course.

Uwe Ligges

Regards,
Yihui
--