I have a package (TSdbi) which provides end user functions that I export, and several utilities for plugin packages (e.g. TSMySQL) that I do not export because I do not intend them to be exposed to end users. I call these from the plugin packages using TSdbi::: but that now produces a note in the checks:

* checking dependencies in R code ... NOTE
Namespace imported from by a ‘:::’ call: ‘TSdbi’
  See the note in ?`:::` about the use of this operator. :: should be
  used rather than ::: if the function is exported, and a package
  almost never needs to use ::: for its own functions.

Is there a preferred method to accomplish this in a way that does not produce a note?

Thanks,
Paul