Setting

BuildVignettes: false

is fine if it is possible to build the vignettes, and the latter is checked in CRAN incoming checks (but not the daily checks).

Uwe Ligges

On 15.09.2013 22:13, Viechtbauer Wolfgang (STAT) wrote:
Dear All,

I have been checking the metafor package against R-devel.

R CMD check --as-cran metafor

yields one note:

FOSS licence with BuildVignettes: false

Yes, I have 'BuildVignettes: FALSE' in my DESCRIPTION file. I see at
http://developer.r-project.org/blosxom.cgi/R-devel/NEWS:

Tue, 25 Jun 2013
CHANGES IN R-devel UTILITIES

     'R CMD check --as-cran' warns about a false value of the 'DESCRIPTION'
field 'BuildVignettes' for Open Source packages, and ignores it (as an Open
Source package needs to have complete sources for its vignettes).

My questions are:

1) Is this going to be an issue if I submit a new version of the metafor
package to CRAN right now?

2) And if the answer to 1 is "Not right now": Is this going to become an issue
in the future? In other words, is it the goal to only allow packages with
BuildVignettes=true if they have an FOSS license at some point in the future?

Best,
Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Viechtbauer, Ph.D., Statistician
Department of Psychiatry and Psychology