On Mon, Jan 20, 2014 at 4:31 AM, Federico Calboli
<f.calb...@imperial.ac.uk>wrote:
[...]

> Is it?  this is news to me.  I have a grand total of 2 packages up and I
> never ever used R-devel, and never ever had a problem, had a report of a
> problem or had a note from CRAn about my packages not being ok because I
> built them with R-relase (or whatever it might be called) and not R-devel.
>

>From the CRAN repository policy, that you also read and agreed to:

"Please ensure that R CMD check --as-cran has been run on the tarball to be
uploaded before submission. This should be done with the current version of
R-devel (or if that is not possible, current R-patched or the current
release of R.)"

Gabor

[...]